CTI is a technology that enables computers to interact with telephones. It includes the use of computers to manage telephone calls like the routing of a telephone call to the right department from whom you want information.
Salesforce.com is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) software solution for sales, service, marketing, analytics, and building customized applications.
Also check: Salesforce and Computer Telephony Integration
Why we need CTI for Salesforce.
- Organizations spend extra time on recording the calls of customers like call durations, to whom the call is made etc.
- Miss-dialing to target customers is irritating.
- Maintaining a database for several years was challenging.
- The problem is in identifying the caller’s information while on call.
- Call routing was difficult.
- CRM database system automatically logs the durations of calls which helps to eliminate time consumption in maintaining the record.
- CRM tool discards the possibility of miss-dialing because it maintains the customer’s database with their necessary credentials.
- Maintain database for many years which helps in accessing phone no., emails and much more information about customers or clients and subsequently enables you to follow the leads.
- Matching the number of a caller with a customer record based on CRM and displays it for reference when talking to the caller.
- Forward the call of the customer to the appropriate person or department.
- Recognize a voice, either for authentication or for message forwarding.
Know more about Salesforce Implementation Service