We are familiar with Skype, so let me explain how it can be used with Salesforce. By Connecting Salesforce And Skype for Business, your service and management (Sales and Service) representatives can send and receive texts and check on the availability of associates without ever leaving Salesforce org. Employees can also save IM conversations as notes and link them to Salesforce records if Notes is enabled in your company. Only companies with a Skype for Business Online license or a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise package that includes Skype for Business Online can use Skype for Salesforce.
Versions Needed for Skype in Salesforce
Editions for professionals, developers, performers, businesses, and unlimited users
Key Point: Skype for Salesforce’s earlier beta versions allowed for voice and video calls. Microsoft is currently updating Skype’s support for voice and video calls. Therefore, for the time being, Skype Integration with Salesforce’s widely usable version does not support voice or video calls.
Enable Skype for Salesforce
Activate Integrate Skype And Salesforce CRM in your business so that deal and admin professionals can visit and check online users without leaving Salesforce.
To make Skype available in your Salesforce:
Go to setup, type Skype for Salesforce in the Quick Find box, and then click Skype for Salesforce.
Click Skype chat.
To grant Salesforce access to Skype For Business Integration, click Authorize Skype for Salesforce and request that your company’s Microsoft Office 365 direct or sign in.
Salesforce Skype Integration can be authorized for all Skype users in your company by the Microsoft Office 365 director. Customers must separately permit Salesforce to access their Skype for Business accounts if the CEO denies Salesforce access to Skype for Business.
Enable Notes for your business to allow customers to save visit talks.
Give representatives access to Skype conversations.
The sales and management staff at your company can communicate with one another thanks to the integration of Salesforce and Skype for Business. Create and delegate an authorization set for Skype users to enable representatives to use Skype for Salesforce.
- To Grant Skype Conversation Access
- Go to setup, type Permission in the Quick Find box, and then choose Permission Sets.
- Create a new permission set at this point, or choose an existing one.
- Decide on System Administration, then modify.
- Permission to add a Skype conversation
- Next, save.
- Click Manage Assignments to continue.
- Select the user to whom you want to grant Skype for Salesforce access.
- Add assignments next.
Users to whom you provide the Skype Conversation permission will receive a banner asking them to sign in to Microsoft Office 365 as soon as Skype for Salesforce is activated. Users can view who is online and speak with contacts after connecting their Salesforce account to their Microsoft Office 365 account.
- Include a Skype for Salesforce Component to Records with the Lightning App Builder.
- After enabling Skype for Salesforce, use the Lightning App Builder to add Skype for Salesforce segments to records.
- Log in to your Salesforce Skype account.
- Sign in to Skype for Salesforce using your Skype for Business Online credentials before beginning a Skype call inside of Salesforce.
- Speak with Salesforce using Skype.
- Using Skype for Salesforce, you can communicate with your partners and check who else is online without ever leaving Salesforce.
How is the Skype Integration Created?
There are countless benefits for businesses of all sizes, regardless of their industry, to integrating Salesforce with Skype for Business. This is mainly because Salesforce Integration with Skype For Business enables your company’s sales and service representatives to connect quickly, promoting better client experiences and brand loyalty.
First, you have to create an account in Office 365.
-> Select the Sign-in link.
-> Select the Create one button.
You can now register for an account.
-> Make your account’s password right away.
The following screen appears after creating an account and logging in:
-> Visit Azure.microsoft.com to access Microsoft Azure now.
– > Now click on the Portal button.
You will get the following screen after hitting the Portal button:
-> Type “App Registrations” into the search bar now, and then click on the results.
The following screen appears once you choose the App registrations option:
Selecting the Add plus(+) icon, you must now add the registrations. (See the image above)
After clicking on the “+ New registration” option, you will discover the following screen. You have to provide all the necessary details for registration.
You are free to provide any redirect URL of your choice.
As seen in the figure below, a record is produced after pressing the Register button.
Now on the registration record, you have to provide/add all the API authorization of Skype here.
– Select the button labeled “View API permissions.”
– Click on the “+ Add permission” button.
– Click the “Skype for business” permission option.
– Now, you have to give all the permissions related to Delegated and Applications and then click on the “Add Permissions” box.
The following screen will appear after pressing the Add Permission button.
You must click the “Grant admin consent for skype-cloud analogy” button to get all the permissions.
– Select the button “Grant admin consent for skype-cloud analogy.”
After clicking on this button, a pop-up message will appear whether you want to grant consent for the requested permissions for all accounts in the skype-cloud analogy or not.
– Select the Yes radio button.
Once you click the Yes button, you have full access.
Read more about Salesforce Integration Service